Re-exploring Key West

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

National Dollhouse Miniature Month - Day 5 - What will happen to all this stuff????

Well, I know this will come as a shock to you, but I am a COLLECTOR!   Not a hoarder, but a collector.   You know I do miniatures and tomorrow I will give you an update of exactly how many.  

The house we have in Key West is much smaller than the one we had in Leavenworth Kansas and I have more stuff - age does that!!

When people started looking at my collection, the question that came up was "When something happens to you, what will happen to all your stuff?"    Well, I generally am not at a loss for words but I must admit that the first few times, I was speechless.   I really didn't know what to say.   Now I have the perfect answer "It won't be my problem".   And it won't.   I have one son and I told him if I go before my husband, don't let him just pitch all this stuff because there is a market for it and my collections can be sold or donated to a miniature museum.   With all my other collections, I told him to take what he wants and sell the rest.   I collect things because I like the things and I love collections.   

Here are some of the things I collect.

RAGGEDY ANN AND ANDY ITEMS;











AND I COLLECT ELEPHANTS





AND I COLLECT SNOWMEN.






And I collect and DO paintings!



I won't go into the smaller collections, but I do love my stuff.   Come back tomorrow for an update of my mini creations and the day after, a way to preserve them.  


No comments: