Re-exploring Key West

Thursday, October 20, 2016

National Dollhouse Miniature Month - Day 20 - Bookshelf ready for the Holidays.

I not only like to decorate all my minis in the Christmas theme, I love to do my real house in aChristmas Scene.

In miniature, I really like this bookshelf.   It is in 1/12 scale.   The bookshelf is in a little display frame.   The shelf has goodies to eat, two bottles of wine on the main shelf for entertaining.  It also displays gifts on the top and Christmas plates on the shelves.   When I don't have a main project to work on, I do things like make plates, wrap little pieces of boards to make packages.   You can't have too many presents for holidays.

The bottom shelf has part of my collection of snow men.   I love snowmen.   Now for the last 22 years I've lived in a location - Key West - that has never, I repeat - NEVER has had snow.   All my snowmen have to be faux snowmen.  



Packages (gift bags) on either side of the shelf.   For a small project, I am very pleased that it projects the spirit of the holidays very well.  The wallpaper is scrap book paper.   


Time to open the wine and have one of the sweets that are in the basket.  Yum!!!!  

No comments: