Re-exploring Key West

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Raggedy Ann Turns 100 - Beds by Kelly

I am a real loyalist when it comes to buying things for my miniatures.   When I find a vendor that I like their work; love their quality and they deliver what they say they can deliver; I most always do multiple purchases.   I can't list all of my favorites - it would be like picking your favorite child - but I am going to list some that I have been dealing with for a long time.     These are not in any particular order - just vendors that I happen to have a real good relationship with.

Beds by Kelly.    The first time I saw one of her beds I loved it but thought it was really expensive.   I had a son in College and quite frankly it was taking every spare dime.   Like a real nit-wit I thought I could do a bed just like Kelly.   Well, about 5 beds later I found out I didn't have that skill and/or patience.   When I went back to her site the bed had been sold.   When I asked if she could make another she agreed.   This time I was pleased to pay her price because her quality is FANTASTIC.  


Somewhere in my future is a Mary Englebreit shop and this will be the centerpiece of that project.   Until then, I will gaze at it in wonder.   Isn't it sweet!.

Sometime after getting this bed (several years in fact) I decided at sometime I would do a shop for the adult collector of Raggedy Ann Items.   I sent Kelly an email and described what I wanted.  An elegant bed for a well-heeled adult collector that wanted elegance.   Not a child's bed.  

She nailed it!!!    Stay tuned for that shop that is still on my to-do list. 


Kelly has a page www.bedsbykelly.com

If you get one of her beds, let her know you heard about it here.

If you have been following my blog, you will note there are two ads on either page.   By contract, I am not allowed to view them as I am paid (or will be) for those clicks.   It is certainly not making me rich, I've been doing it for about a year and so far I have earned about $50 and they don't pay until it reaches $100.   I'd like you to check them out (you don't have to buy a thing) and let me know what you think of them.   They are susposed to be related to items I discuss on the blog.   So far the captions appear that they are - let me know what you think. 


No comments: