Re-exploring Key West

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Year 2013 in review

It was a wonderful year.   I did lots and lots of things in the miniature world.   My best miniature - is  my first grandchild.   She is wonderful and I am sure I see a dollhouse or two in Kaylin's future. 


My husband, Ron, and I with Kaylin - she was 3 weeks old.  

I have a few favorite projects.   I think my favorite would have to be the Tropical Shotgun House.  You can look at that post HERE.

I almost didn't complete it.   It was a bit more tedious than I thought it would be.   I like it because it is very similar to the houses in Key West.   I love the front porch.   I could sit there for hours on end.   When I wanted to eat - I think I would barbecue and eat outdoors.   All in all, I think it will be a favorite for many years to come.


Wouldn't it be fun to drink an ice tea or a glass of wine and let the world go by.

I also loved my dome house.   It too took me a while to get done, but once I started it went together quickly.  

You can see the Victorian Dome House HERE.  


I really think I would enjoy a bedroom just like this one.   I love the colors and I think the bed looks really comfortable.

The 3rd project is the 4 little season boxes that I made myself.   Made them from cheap yard sale frames and furnished them appropriately for the season.    You can see them HERE.



 
Little guy looks very happy.
 
I love working on miniatures and do something nearly every day.   I like the shows I go too along with all the workshops I attend.   Fun Days in Orlando and Lakeland are fantastic!!!!  
 
I especially like the feedback I get from my followers.   Your time is appreciated.   
 
May you have a fantastic 2014 and may all your mini wishes come true.  
 



1 comment:

Marisa said...

Happy New year and congrats on the new grandbaby :)

Hugs
Marisa