Re-exploring Key West

Sunday, October 6, 2013

National Dollhouse Miniature Month - Day 6 - A stroll down memory lane.

One of the things that make miniatures so much fun for me is all the great people that I've met while learning and working with miniatures.    I started reasonably slow in the miniature world - it was such a mystery to me on how to get all those things done.  
 
In 2008 after giving a couple of speeches to my sorority group, one of the ladies in my sorority was the Director of the Florida Keys Community Library and she asked if I would like to display my miniatures in their Library.   Well, of course, I said yes.   There were on display for about 2 months and I had great feedback on them. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I displayed 26 room boxes at the show.   Here is the listing of those boxes.   
 

1

Roadside Stand

2

Pantry in a Box

3

Explorer's Den

4

Boy's room

5

At the Beach

6

Sister's Visit

7

Trick or Treat

8

Perfume Shop

9

Christmas Tree

10

Toy Shop

11

Sewing Room

12

Country Store

13

Small Raggedy Chair under dome

14

Large Raggedy Room

15

Laundry Room in Detergent Bottle

16

Christmas Kitchen

17

Fireworks Stand

18

Garden in a Jar

19

Pet Shop

20

Store Front

21

Outdoor Sun Room

22

Small Office

23

Sweet Shop

24

Antique Shop

25

Bakery in Cake Stand

26

Ice Cream Shop
 
 
If you do a search in the box on the top right of the blog, you will find write ups of most of these projects.     All the above projects are one inch scale. 
 
Stay tuned for more strolling down memory lane. 

No comments: