Re-exploring Key West

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

One More Little Project for the Month

I thought I wouldn't have time to do one more little project this month, but this one went together really well.

It is a little hat shop.   It took about 2 1/2 to 3 hours to finish.   I had the hats and the jewelry, mostly from previous swaps I've done.    The bright blue and bright red hats were made by Jan Stockwell.   You've seen her dolls in some of my blogs; her hats are great too.   The kit was offered through Quarter Connection and it was A Shoppe Vignette by Suzane Herget


 Notice the dime - this is a little shop.  
The kit came with a little plastic container so this scene should stay quite nice and dust free.   

Now, I have to admit to a mistake.   I got glue on the mirror and couldn't get it off.   Used a bit of nail polish remover and it took most of it off - still not too good.   Painted mirror with clear nail polish - presto - it looked like a brand new mirror.   Keep in mind when you are a little heavy handed with the glue.  

No comments: