Re-exploring Key West

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fun Day - Fort Myers Florida - Beach Shack

This past weekend I joined a group of women to make a delightful 1:12 scale beach scene.   I was invited to stay with Barb at her new condo and she also invited people that I have know for years online, but had never met in person.   It was so delightful to meet Fern and Melody.   We had a fun 3 days and the last day was spent creating this wonderful scene.










The above closeup shows some lovely (little) pieces of beach glass,   The picture doesn't show it, but it really looks lovely when the sun hits it.





We got so many lovely little gifts that I have enough items to make another scene.   I've been doing tropical and nautical swaps for several swaps with online groups and thought I would use some of those items in this too.   The setting is ready for those out enjoying the beach to come back and eat, then to celebrate a special occasion with a gift and a bottle of wine.   

5 comments:

Barb M. said...

Love the beach house and all the detail! Great detail!
Hugs, Barb

Chris P's Minis and More said...

these are wonderful!!!

Darlene C said...

Love your finished "Beach Shack!" When did you find the time to finish? I enjoyed working with you and your friends at our table! Darlene

Anonymous said...

Great job Sheila! I was so happy to meet you! You are a very talented miniature artist and, of course, all-round artist. I love the colours you chose for your beach house and the composition you ended up with. The hammock is terrific! Mini hugs, Melody

Kathi said...

I absolutely LOVE this!