Re-exploring Key West

Sunday, February 26, 2012

More on the Art Deco Style House

I've gotten questions on how long it takes to furnish a small little house like the Art Deco style house which was posted just before this house.   The above picture is a reminder of what it is like, otherwise you can go to the previous post.  

I like my mini houses furnished just like I like my real house and that is packed with stuff.  

Here is the list of things that I have put on this house;

Front Porch


Chair - purchased

Flower Planter - received in swap

Plants in front of window - purchased

Light - from stash



Bedroom

Sink - purchased

Stool - purchased

Table with Clock, Vanity Items, Towel, Dish - made all items

Towel Rack - purchased

Bed - made

Painting on wall - printable

Chair - received from swap

TV Stand - received from swap

Flat Screen TV - received from swap

Rug - printable



Living Room

Piano with Plant - made piano - plant received from swap

Brown Couch and Chair - made

Grandfather Clock - made

Mirror - made

Sectional - purchased

Table with pretzels and beer steins - table from swap, purchased pretzels and beer from swaps

2 Paintings on Wall - printables



Kitchen

Table with 4 chairs - made from kit

Candle holder on table - received from swap

Hutch with dishes & towel - received from swaps

Work Table with baking scene - made at Orlando Mini Show in workshop

Kitchen Counter, Refrigerator, sink & wall mounted oven - made from purchased kit

Plate Rack - received from swap

4 small vegetable paintings. - received from swap


There are over 40 things in  this house.    Remember it's only quarter scale and doesn't hold too much.   Now for things that aren't here.  Pets, (I've since added a corgi to the front walk way), newspapers, trash cans, clothes, extra bedding, magazines to name a few.    If you had a child living in the house, you'd have toys and a bed for them.  

Some things I am lucky enough to receive in various swaps I participate in, I make a lot of items and I purchase items when I can get to an appropriate show.     Takes a while to put together enough stuff to furnish a house.   This house is also a little light on wall decor.

Printables are made from paper and there are various sites online that have them available. 

I thought you might like a little more detail on how these little houses are assembled. 

No comments: