Re-exploring Key West

Saturday, October 8, 2011

National Dollhouse Miniature Month - Day 8 - Name Day Events

NAME is a very important group for miniaturists.   It stands for National Association of Miniature Enthusiasts.    I have know about them for years but last year they stared a national event.   NAME DAY.   It is celebrated on the 1st of October.   Last year I got the piece (a hutch) and finally found a box and assembled the name day kitchen.   Mine is slightly different than the project, but I was a bit late to the party.   This year, I ordered the whole kit.  Both years, I was working in quarter scale.   That is 1/4 inch equal 1 foot.    This year, the piece was a work center.   Quarter Connection offered an entire kit.

Name groups do these projects in 3 sizes:   1 inch,
1/2 inch and 1/4 inch.   Something for everybody.





The above project was the 2010 project.   Please take time to look for the food.   A turkey dinner, gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans.      Yum!

The following is my 2011 project.

I only have one picture of the 2011 project.  (the rest kept bouncing off the light).   This one has a great light over the sink.   It is really fun.   The work center was the Name Project.     

No comments: